NewYears IED

Thursday, February 7, 2013

If My Thoughts Were Bullets

If all my thoughts were bullets, where are they aimed? Are they ready to fire in the name of friendship, integrity, and love or do they fly in a different direction?

If my thoughts were bullets then I was once my own terrorist.

In Iraq, every stationary object could be an IED, every movement a sniper. This reality had a profound impact our our ability to move freely and operate effectively.

My thoughts did the same thing.

I saw anger, doubt, worry, and fear. These terrorists impeded my ability to sleep freely or move effectively through my day.

If your thoughts were bullets where are they aimed?

I'm a warrior, my aim is true. What happened to me might be happening to you. What are your thoughts firing off at? Are you jerking the trigger? Do you pop off round after round wasting ammo and not hitting your target?

Ahh yes, you have been trained with the breath to squeeze the trigger. You have been trained to stay calm, to stay true! Do you do the same with your thoughts?

What if your thoughts were bullets, where are they aimed?

I don't meditate and practice yoga because I think it's some neat hippy shit.

I meditate and work with my body because my mind is an arsenal.

With great power comes great responsibility, Hooah!

Aim wisely.



This post was guided by the 48th stanza of the Art of Peace, a book written by Morihei Ueshiba
Armor Down has a website. Check it out.

If you like the AD Facebook page and I'll email you the PDF of a book called "Mindfulness in Practical English".

Lisa Wimberger's meditations:

Grounding Your Armor

Neutral Space

Mind Cordon

Riding the Sun

Thrive as a civilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment