NewYears IED

Thursday, May 1, 2014

In between action. Part 4

“That’s the thing, I didn’t really feel anything. And still now I don’t feel anything, There are just memories, images of death. Like when I saw the shell of my brother or Peter G. They were just innate pieces of matter.”
Images in my past, just part of the scenes my real life video game has taken me through.”
“So by telling everyone about it you showed them it was as meaning less as a video game?” He questioned more leading than asking.

“No not meaning less to those who cared about them, their deaths will shape how their friends and relatives see existence but for me nothing has changed. You control how the world moves around you by how you think and feel about it. I guess what I was trying to show my friends and family back home is that just because I saw something universally perceived terrible things, it doesn’t mean that my mind or my perception has to change.”
“With a twinkle in his eye Mars said. “Everyone chooses a suffing that will change him or her into a well baked loaf.”
“ I wanted them to understand that suffering doesn’t mean to hurt or feel pain, it means that we don’t have too.”

After our little chat I left Mars to his meditations and walked the hundred or so yard back up the the house.

Walking barefoot I let the memories flood back into my mind. To my right the outdoor BBQ pit, also at one time the parking spot for the now infamous yellow tractor. To my left the little beach where my only memories of my mom in a bikini are from.

Getting closer to the house I had to choose my steps more carefully. There were more rocks and tree branches to watch out for closer to the house. Reaching the cabin I walked the hard packed mound of soft earth up to the entrance. This little stretch of earth, the size and shape of a speed bump ran vertically from the front door to the edge of the house. As far back as I can remember the dark grey almost black dirt has always been cool and smooth. Once you got to that point you didn’t have to worry about rocks anymore and could run the last few yards if you wanted.

Like a welcoming voice only in cabin language the screen door made the same creek bang bang sound as I walked though it towards the 1960s Coca Cola water cooler near the kitchen. Old as the cabin itself the cooler and the refrigerator were in the running for the longest lasting appliance until the fridge finally gave out after something like 50 years.

This cooler is the only one I’ve see that keep things cold with water. Each time you reach in for a beer it’s like reaching into a cold mountain stream.

ARMOR DOWN UPDATES

This post was guided by the 112th stanza of the Art of Peace, a book written by Morihei Ueshiba



Armor Down is backing Legislation "H.R. 3516" AKA "The Veterans and Armed Forces’ Health Promotion Act of 2013".

This bill will

• Expand the scope of holistic care education and research for signature wounds such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).

• Establish complementary and alternative medicine pilot programs for mental health and pain management treatment for veterans.

• Create a grant pilot program to upgrade Veteran Service Organization facilities, expanding the reach of wellness services directly into economically strained communities.


Show your support for this legislation by signing this petition.


A new comedy on Fox, called Enlisted is really funny. Check it out.

Folk singer Big Cat Wilson created this song which was inspired by Armor Down.

Mindful Memorial Day is coming in May.

ONLY 2 POSTS LEFT

No comments:

Post a Comment