NewYears IED

Monday, December 5, 2011

Basic Training, week 1

There's only one place to start to Armor Down.....the shoulders.  You know why they call the shoulder the floating joint....because the scapula...(the shoulder blades) dictate most of the mobility through the shoulder by virtue of the fact that they float on top of the muscle tissue between them and your rib cage.  

What do you think happens to your shblades after a year humpin around body armor.....those bad boys sink.

So you gotta start freeing that shit up.  I say shit because that's what it is.  Image that the left over baggage that's in your body, from carring around all that armor, is shit.  Shit that you can eliminate from your body

Step one..............you can start right now. 

 Inhale your shblades up to your ears and exhale them down.  Don't worry about anything except these two points.  You gotta fill up ur inhale from the bottom( feel the area below you belly button expand b4 anything else) and you gotta imagine that each time you raise your shoulder blades up with ease.........little pieces of dead, stagnant, left-over shit, falls off your shblades and into your bodies systems as alien trash.......ready to be sent on its way. 

Here's the deal.....In the military, it was all about using your training to protect yourself from shit that could kill you quickly.  In the civilian lifestyle it's about protecting yourself from shit that can kill you slowly.

  I fiddled around for two years before I realized I had to train my body out of Iraq the same way I had to Train myself in.  Most of my training is simple obvious shit that you just never really thought of, other training is more disciplined.  But all of it deals with changing the way you sustain yourself over the long haul.  





I hope you find Armor Down Useful.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is going to be so useful for veterans, current military members and us non-military people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend of your parents and only a few years behind them in age. I say this so that you get why I know so few people who have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. One who is serving now, is the father of my daughter's friend. He's in the Reserves; probably in his mid forties. His wife and I are friends. Her father has dementia and lives with them, along with his wife (her mother).

    Your post reminds me that the appearance of my friends' smiling faces and "normality" hides issues beneath the surface due to his service to our country.

    I agree with Alena and plan to read more.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete